RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
WTB - Center Overhead Console - 96 chevy truck- tan interior
Post WTB - Center Overhead Console - 96 chevy truck- tan interior 
I want one of those overhead consoles. Has the map lights and the little shelf. I'd go aftermarket but I need it to be the OEM unit as I want to get the dual gauge plate from dakota digital. It fits directly into the little shelf hole in the fron of the console.

Any leads would be much appreciated. . .

Post Re: WTB - Center Overhead Console - 96 chevy truck- tan inte 
truethinker wrote:
I want one of those overhead consoles. Has the map lights and the little shelf. I'd go aftermarket but I need it to be the OEM unit as I want to get the dual gauge plate from dakota digital. It fits directly into the little shelf hole in the fron of the console.

Any leads would be much appreciated. . .

I saw a bunch on ebay the other day while I was searching around, I can't remeber if there was a tan one or not, but its worth looking.

Post I think I have one 
Let me see when I go home tonight. I bought one off of ebay a while ago and am most likely selling
my 1990 project truck, the rebates are getting too tempting on a new one.

The only thing is that instead of the little shelf in the front, it has a plastic block-off plate. But since
you're replacing that with the Dakota Digital gauge mount, that doesn't matter.

Post Re: I think I have one 
Aloicious wrote:

I saw a bunch on ebay the other day while I was searching around, I can't remeber if there was a tan one or not, but its worth looking.

I looked on ebay the other day and only saw grey ones. I'll keep checkin though.

1990 and 2003 GMC wrote:
Let me see when I go home tonight. I bought one off of ebay a while ago and am most likely selling
my 1990 project truck, the rebates are getting too tempting on a new one.

The only thing is that instead of the little shelf in the front, it has a plastic block-off plate. But since
you're replacing that with the Dakota Digital gauge mount, that doesn't matter.

Yea, that block off plate wouldn't matter at all.

Post I do have it 
Pulled from a 96 or 97 at a conversion shop. It is the 95 and up 'Neutral' not the darker 88-94 'Medium Beige'
Wiring pigtails are uncut. I never installed it. I bought it on eBay a few years ago. Has been in the box you see
it on since.

It's like new...well, it IS new. All latches work, various doors have no play in them, map lights hold their position when adjusted etc.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1